2018 venture abroad

johnny mac replied on 02/11/2017 21:21

Posted on 02/11/2017 21:21

help trying to get sat nav to take coordinates for france but no north south east or west just figures

could be me to blame never used sat nav in this format but cant find away to get just long lat as in book its a garmin nuvi58lmt  thanks john

hitchglitch replied on 04/11/2017 20:35

Posted on 04/11/2017 20:35

You should go to Archie’s website and download his POI file for Garmin (I think it’s a csv file but I am sure that you will work it out). It covers thousands of sites throughout Europe and we have found it 100% accurate for around the 20 sites we have used it for, delivering us exactly at the front entrance every time.

Once you have downloaded the file you need to use the “Loader” function in Garmin express. Once complete you will see the option in your satnav menu for “Custom POIs” and when you select it the Archie file will show on the menu. You then find the site by putting all or part of the name in the search box.

DavidKlyne replied on 04/11/2017 23:00

Posted on 04/11/2017 20:35 by hitchglitch

You should go to Archie’s website and download his POI file for Garmin (I think it’s a csv file but I am sure that you will work it out). It covers thousands of sites throughout Europe and we have found it 100% accurate for around the 20 sites we have used it for, delivering us exactly at the front entrance every time.

Once you have downloaded the file you need to use the “Loader” function in Garmin express. Once complete you will see the option in your satnav menu for “Custom POIs” and when you select it the Archie file will show on the menu. You then find the site by putting all or part of the name in the search box.

Posted on 04/11/2017 23:00

Hitchglitch

Just out of interest does the Garmin allow you to download a small image file to identify Archies or any other group of POI's. The reason I ask is that the other day I was trying to update Archies on my TomTom and they seem to have removed the option to load an image file!!!

David

ValDa replied on 20/11/2017 22:54

Posted on 20/11/2017 22:54

Never rely on postcodes for your SatNav, apart from in this country.  Generally they cover much bigger areas - and in France, several kilometres in each direction.

old ludlovian replied on 21/11/2017 00:51

Posted on 21/11/2017 00:51

Agree with valda .for Tom Tom put in city .street . house number .post code covers big area apparently something do with French law they leave a a number of post code .and n.s e.w after travelling round many towns and city's over the years getting lost found info of French neighbour hope this helps

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook