100w Solar Panels

Fozzie replied on 23/06/2020 18:27

Posted on 23/06/2020 18:27

eBay ( If I am allowed to say that) are advertising 100w solar panels with controller and various leads for connectivity.

The panel looks a flexible membrane with fixing holes in each corner.Yes they are from China,but the offer looks just too good to be true.

Has anyone purchased one of these panel’s and what’s the catch.

bigherb replied on 23/06/2020 20:54

Posted on 23/06/2020 20:54

Well they do work, but like all solar panels 100W is only achievable in direct sunlight, most of the time the output is a lot less. I expect you are looking at the ones with PWM voltage regulators which are not as efficient as MPPT controllers. Saying that I have a couple which do the job for what I need them for.

Fozzie replied on 24/06/2020 12:03

Posted on 24/06/2020 12:03

Thanks for the reply, in my opening post I did not state the price at just £32.Not sure of controller either.

I think I will stick with my 50w suitcase panel for time bein.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook