Wind out sun canopy

Ginny1948 replied on 10/04/2022 13:10

Posted on 10/04/2022 13:10

Good afternoon,

New to motorhome after 20 years of caravanning. Our motorhome  has a wind out sun canopy , the question I ask is should we book an awning pitch on club sites or non awning pitch? Slightly confused, we don’t want to do the wrong thing.  Thank you in anticipation

Tinwheeler replied on 10/04/2022 13:22

Posted on 10/04/2022 13:22

You can use a roll out canopy on most non-awning pitches as long as you don’t fit side/front panels to it and the warden might request that you don’t fully extend it in order to maintain spacing.

You can book whichever type of pitch you want and, usually, with awning pitches are more plentiful and more spacious but it is not compulsory to use an awning on them😄.

Each site has a downloadable site plan and you can see from them where the pitches that suit you are placed.

DavidKlyne replied on 10/04/2022 16:50

Posted on 10/04/2022 16:50

My understanding is that on a non awning pitch it has to be wound in at night, we do that anyway even on an awning pitch? I do sometimes book a non awning pitch but I think I would always ask at reception just in case a particular pitch has a problem with spacing?

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook