What is different with my motorhome

thrashfit replied on 22/12/2018 19:18

Posted on 22/12/2018 19:18

Hi All, My wife and I have just purchased a 1998 Peugeot Boxer Wayfinder. It Is just what we want to start our adventures of motorhoming as it is a 2 berth. My question is all the pictures we see of this model have a window in the front of the cab overhead bulk and beds inside. Ours does not have these so what model do we have or has it been converted ? Many thanks for any information. Dave...........I have included a picture of our motorhome

thrashfit replied on 26/12/2018 15:08

Posted on 26/12/2018 15:08

Many Thanks for your replies, it certainly looks like we have a Wanderer body, although it has Wayfinder on the doors. Thanks again. I am sure I will have more questions later, Cheers, Dave

jakeontour replied on 27/12/2018 13:23

Posted on 27/12/2018 13:23

Hi, Can't speak specifically for your 'van, but regarding the front window you've had a lucky escape!

The fashion for windows in the front of the luton was short-lived.. Basically they leaked like a sieve as the seals simply weren't up to the job of coping with a 60mph + headwind when driving.

So many manufacturers simply dropped them at the annual minor update.  Some opted for small windows in the side of the luton, which usually resulted to damage to the blinds by heads and feet.  Others opted for the now pretty much standard 40x40 rooflight.

These sort of detail and model/range changes are very common, particularly from that period, and frankly it makes no difference to the value of your van.

As I said, you've been fortunate in not having one of the worst features for water ingress, a real bonus.

Enjoy your 'van

thrashfit replied on 27/12/2018 16:48

Posted on 27/12/2018 16:48

Thanks jakeontour, You have made our day, we are new to the Motorhome scene although we had a few years camping in tents. This new experience is very exciting for us and comments like yours make us feel we have made the right choice. Roll on the spring and away we go......Thanks again, Dave........hopefully a water tight motorhome owner.

young thomas replied on 27/12/2018 18:30

Posted on 27/12/2018 18:30

one of the great advantages of having a Motorhome is the ability to 'get up and go' withput much prep....

unless it's staying on the drive for more than two weeks (rare) and there's a district chance of a prolonged frost (very rare here) its primed and ready on the drive....

spring....?, just one of four touring seasons.....why wait?

thrashfit replied on 29/12/2018 11:41

Posted on 29/12/2018 11:41

Hi Boleroboy, Thanks for your reply, we have our motorhome parked up on a secure site as there is no room where we live but the word " spring " does'nt mean we will be waiting that long. Planning has started and there are a few places we want to go to already so we will soon be out and about.....exciting times ahead....Dave

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook