Whale Watermaster External Pump not working

freebie71 replied on 15/07/2022 11:02

Posted on 15/07/2022 11:02

Hi, I've got a 2015 Bailey Approach Autograph and I've always filled the internal freshwater tank using a hose attached to the Whale Watermaster External Socket on the side of the motorhome. I bought a Whale Watermaster External Pump with Easi-Push Plug to save me from having to move the motorhome just to refill the water tank.

Trouble is that I can't get it to work! I thought it would be just as simple as putting the external pump into the water carrier and then just plugging it into the socket but nothing happens. Is there anything special I have to do? Could it be that the electrical connection on the plug isn't working or maybe the pump is faulty? Just worried that I'm missing something obvious!

Also how does it know to use the external pump and does the internal pump have to be turned off until the external pump has filled the internal tank? Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions, I just don't really understand how it works!

If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.

JVB66 replied on 15/07/2022 11:35

Posted on 15/07/2022 11:35

Try cleaning the contacts on the pump and the inlet if it has not been used could just be bad conections

EmilysDad replied on 15/07/2022 13:27

Posted on 15/07/2022 13:27

I'd have thought that the external pump needs to be selected somewhere before it knows to pump. Is there some kind of master/control panel in your vehicle?

Apperley replied on 17/07/2022 21:48

Posted on 17/07/2022 21:48

Once the whale submersible pump is plugged in to the socket, go to the Seattle control panel, use the down key until you see fill and enter, this should activate the pump. You will need to manually stop it on the panel when the water container is empty otherwise it will damage the pump.

freebie71 replied on 20/07/2022 09:45

Posted on 17/07/2022 21:48 by Apperley

Once the whale submersible pump is plugged in to the socket, go to the Seattle control panel, use the down key until you see fill and enter, this should activate the pump. You will need to manually stop it on the panel when the water container is empty otherwise it will damage the pump.

Posted on 20/07/2022 09:45

Thanks for all your replies. It was as you suggested on the control panel, selecting "Fill Internal Tank". I'd tried this before with no joy, but it turns out this was because my water probe was playing up and was registering the water level as 100%. The external pump stops once the level is 100% and so it just wasn't kicking in. I recalibrated the sensor (although it probably needs a new one!) and hey presto the external pump kicked in when I tried it again! 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook