Water supply help

MMMarie replied on 28/02/2022 14:57

Posted on 28/02/2022 14:57

We are converting a van and are installing an internal water pump with an expansion vessel to feed our sink tap.

We will use an Aquaroll outside as the source of water. 

Do i just put one end of a food grade hose in the aquaroll and attach to the inlet with a conector which is in turn piped to the pump and tap or am i missing something? 

I have hunted the internet and youtube and it only explains an external (pump in the aquaroll) not in the van approach

Your wisdom and guidance will be vey helpful thanks. Please be basic assume I know nothing!

Thank you

Marie 

Tinwheeler replied on 28/02/2022 15:32

Posted on 28/02/2022 15:32

I’m no expert but normally an onboard pump takes water from an onboard tank. It’s asking a lot for it to lift water from an outside container. The 'pump in the Aquaroll' is an efficient method of pumping water up to the taps.

I'm puzzled by the installation of an expansion vessel.

SteveL replied on 28/02/2022 15:45

Posted on 28/02/2022 15:45

Our Unicorn 2 Cadiz caravan had an internal pump, with just a tube into the aquaroll. It had a filter container on the end, if one wanted to put one in. It was a specific connector though, not just a piece of pipe. I don’t see why something similar shouldn’t work in a campervan. Internal pumps are noisy, an external one submerged in the water is a lot quieter. Possibly why Bailey switched back to them.

Navigateur replied on 28/02/2022 16:20

Posted on 28/02/2022 16:20

My Bailey has an internal pump which can be used with either an external Aquaroll or the internal tank, which is filled from the Aquaroll via the pump by changing position of valves. It is mounted clear of the floor on rubber pillars and is not noticably noisey as one's attention is usually on what one is doing with the water.

A filter on the end of the pipe in the Aquroll is an essential if there is no other filter to keep debris out of the pump.

I guess the "expension vessel" is actually a surge damper.

MMMarie replied on 28/02/2022 16:49

Posted on 28/02/2022 16:49

Thanks that gives me a bit more insight. I appreciate the help everyone 

BTW the expansion vessel is to keep the pressure smooth

Marie 

Whittakerr replied on 28/02/2022 16:56

Posted on 28/02/2022 16:56

My Swift caravan has an internal pump with an external Truma connector / pipe with a filter on the end which goes in to the aquaroll

Tinwheeler replied on 28/02/2022 17:00

Posted on 28/02/2022 16:49 by MMMarie

Thanks that gives me a bit more insight. I appreciate the help everyone 

BTW the expansion vessel is to keep the pressure smooth

Marie 

Posted on 28/02/2022 17:00

That’s not an expansion vessel. See Nav's post.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook