Water Streak Marks

HOTORMOMER replied on 18/06/2020 14:26

Posted on 18/06/2020 14:26

Can anyone help with an annoying and unsightly problem I have with my Autotrail motorhome.

The body colour in mainly white except for a large graphite colour decal at the front. Where rainwater from the roof runs down the side, it's made a streak mark down the graphite decal which, despite using normal bodywork cleaners still remains. Do I need something more aggressive? or a completely different approach? Solutions eagerly awaited! 

Moderator Edit:

Duplicate discussion - see Parts and Accessories for your original thread.

richardandros replied on 18/06/2020 14:38

Posted on 18/06/2020 14:38

I don't usually contribute to this section - for obvious reasons - but I had a similar problem with our caravan which has decals which look like mock carbon fibre.  I got polish on them and nothing, but nothing would shift the marks. I even rang Auto Glym to ask their advice and their suggestion didn't work.

I mentioned it to one of the techies when it went in for its first service, last year and he came back into the workshop with a little bottle of clear fluid.  Wiped it over the decal and all the marks disappeared as if by magic.

It was 'Tyreshine' - the stuff you use to black tyres - not sure if that's the trade name or what but I'm sure Halfords will have something. It's clear - even though it's a tyre black - so it won't mark the white bodywork. Worth a try.

HOTORMOMER replied on 18/06/2020 15:21

Posted on 18/06/2020 15:21

Thanks richardandros for your swift reply. That sounds like an unlikely remedy , but I will get some and give it a try. 

peedee replied on 19/06/2020 07:07

Posted on 19/06/2020 07:07

Cif works pretty well. I clean my sat dome with it but I wouldn't recommend you try it on polished surfaces.

peedee

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook