Water ingress - Bailey Approach 620se

Skyerod67 replied on 05/02/2017 18:28

Posted on 05/02/2017 18:28

I have just noticed that  we have a water ingress in the area of the offside rear wheel arch of our Bailey Approach 620se. 

I am lead to believe that it is a known Bailey problem - has anyone had experience of this problem before I place myself in the hands of my dealer!

Tammygirl replied on 05/02/2017 21:28

Posted on 05/02/2017 21:28

You are indeed correct that it is a known problem. We have had repairs done twice now for the water ingress. The first time it was noted was at our 3rd hab service, near side rear wheel arch. The repair was carried out, a new battery box was fitted all the wet material removed and replaced, everything re-sealed. Then this year we noticed it was wet again in the same place, so at the 4th hab service they did it all over again and on both sides this time as it was wet there as well. The repairs this time have been done slightly differently and the battery box has had extra fixing points and extra seals fitted. We have faith in our dealer and are happy to leave it to them to deal with it. Bailey have not been a problem agreeing to the repairs under warranty.

Good luck with getting yours sorted.

Skyerod67 replied on 06/02/2017 10:04

Posted on 06/02/2017 10:04

Thanks for the info TG.

Can you tell me if the water came in after travelling or did it come in when the motorhome was parked.

Either way, it has to go to the Dealer - wish me luck..

Tammygirl replied on 06/02/2017 10:28

Posted on 06/02/2017 10:28

To be honest we first noticed it when we came back from a long trip, I was getting some bits from under the seating and thought it smelt musty. As we were on our way home (Nov 2015) and it was going in for its hab service we didn't investigate it. Once home and the van stripped of all its bits and pieces the OH drove it up to Dyce, it was raining on the way up and when he got there,  under the seating was all wet. The second time (end of last year) again I thought it was musty so we mentioned it prior to service, Dyce contacted us after initial inspection to tell us that we had damp at both rear arches and under the seating. I believe photos were taken and sent to Bailey who approved the work straight away. It was a bigger job but it was only away for a month and that was over the Christmas period.

Good luck, if you need anymore info don't hesitate to ask. May I also mention that there is a Bailey motorhome forum on Facebook if you are interested we have found it very helpful.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook