Water fill up syphoning campervan

CarterLudlow replied on 22/05/2021 09:53

Posted on 22/05/2021 09:53

We have a campervan auto-trail v-line 670s 2021 

does anyone have a solution for water draining out immediately after filling the fresh water tank?

when I fill the freshwater tank ,it drains out of two blue pipes under the van as if syphoning 

I tried to time it so I stops the filling just as the first drop starts coming out 

this means we are only ever 50-25% full as is limiting our off camp site activities 

thanks 

ajvc

Tinwheeler replied on 25/05/2021 11:55

Posted on 25/05/2021 11:55

Is the tank drain tap closed?

Other than that, check your handbook and/or call your dealer.

kenexton replied on 25/05/2021 12:42

Posted on 25/05/2021 12:42

TW raises Pt1.

Pt 2 have you fully closed the drain off for the Truma heater and pushed the button in?The yellow turnlever should be across the line lay of the piping and the dump button below it should be fully pressed back in.

After drain off for Winter layup such things can be forgotten....

Otherwise back to the dealer😏.

SteveL replied on 25/05/2021 16:35

Posted on 25/05/2021 16:35

As TW says. Our MH is a Hymer, but the drain on the fresh water has two positions. Unless it is fully closed the tank will only partially fill and then start venting.

young thomas replied on 29/05/2021 09:14

Posted on 29/05/2021 09:14

like Steve, our fresh tank has a two position drain/dump valve...

with it full closed, the tank will fully fill. with it set at the other position (25%) the twnk will only fill to a quarter (for travelling?).

however, both these vans are Continental and ive not checked out whether these type of tank valves are appearing on UK vans.

on an AT panel van i would have just expected a blue twist tap on the end of the fresh water drain pipe which probably drains to the side of the van.....and if it were pouring put of here you would easily see it.

the blue pipes under the van that you describe are likely to be the winter draining points...

one will be the Truma hot water boiler dump valve (black with a blue twist top and a blue button) the button must be in the closed (pushed in) position.

the second might be a lever type drain which must be lying flat to keep the system closed.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook