Warwick Duo: would love feedback please

replied on 10/08/2020 11:34

Posted on 10/08/2020 11:34

The user and all related content has been deleted

Bakers2 replied on 10/08/2020 13:08

Posted on 10/08/2020 13:08

I'm interested in this thread. It's the one we've been drawn to if we buy another.

I'd also like to know if the newer ones have driving aids similar to cars? Such as blind spot warnings, electric handbrake etc. Sadly we don't  have many dealers selling down here. Anyway last time we just looked we walked away with one, too dangerous!

Tinwheeler replied on 10/08/2020 13:47

Posted on 10/08/2020 13:47

Right then. We had a 2017 Peugeot based Duo. Build quality - not perfect but probably no worse than anything else. The heat shield of the fridge was wrongly installed leading to overheating - fixed under warranty. The plumbing to the Truma Combi boiler was shoddy resulting in a leak over the floor. Other issues were minor - loose taps etc. The reversing camera via the sat nav screen was utter ****. We later had reversing sensors fitted.

We both struggled to fight the dash mounted gear lever while the handbrake, as in all the Sevel vans, is low down on the offside. The 2.0 Euro 6 engine fairly flew.

Last week we changed it for the Marquis Special Warwick Duo which is based on the Fiat with the new 9 speed TC auto box. It’s early days but the slightly down rated engine seems to go well and the g/box is a dream. The handbrake is still awkward (it’s not electronic, B2) but there is no longer a need to reach it while holding a clutch pedal down. The drive selector is still dash mounted but there is far less need to reach it. All told, an easier drive than the Peugeot. 

The reversing camera is a vast improvement on the previous and reversing sensors are standard, as is hab Aircon. The Fiat has its own built in TomTom satnav as opposed to the add on Avtex Garmin in the Peugeot.

It’s evident that some penny pinching has taken place over the last 3 years but the build quality doesn’t seem too bad with just minor niggles - snagging drawers, misaligned fridge door, the infamous loose taps. We had these items attended to before collecting the van but, as I said, it’s early days yet.

The Marquis Special is only available from one chain of dealers and I’d advise anyone buying to check the AdBlue tank has been topped up to avoid getting an engine warning light coming on 20 miles down the road!

Hope the foregoing helps.

replied on 10/08/2020 14:28

Posted on 10/08/2020 14:28

Tinwheeler replied on 10/08/2020 14:41

Posted on 10/08/2020 14:41

Ours is the Duo which is the 6m model. The XL is 6.3m. I hated the XL with the washroom restricting movement of the driver's seat but that’s down to personal choice.

6m isn’t too bad to park but you will need 2 parking spaces in many places. It overhangs a supermarket bay by about 0.5m which doesn’t matter if you can reverse to a grass verge or similar. I’d not want to be parking the 6.3.

Both the Duo and XL have the minuscule wardrobe which overhangs the nearside bunk. Two jackets and it's full but the overhead lockers have ample space for folded clothes, especially if you fit shelves in them.

If interested in the Fiat auto, it is available in the slightly more basic AS version but, due to the Fiat factory cutting/pausing production, the autos are like hens teeth at present in either version.

JVB66 replied on 10/08/2020 14:44

Posted on 10/08/2020 14:28 by

Thank you so much. OH will love the technical bits. How do you rate livability? Comfort level? I should think that parking (in UK)  is not a problem? 

Do you have the longer model or the shorter? Does the shorter model still have that cupboard overhanging the seating?

I have been looking at the Marquis website. Our nearest branch is Gloucester. Our nearest dealer in Carmarthen has an XL in stock but I am stuck at home atm and cannot visit. Doing as much on-line finding out as possible in the meantime.

Posted on 10/08/2020 14:44

Ther is/was a Maquis branch an easy walk across the field behind Tewksbury site and Abbey

replied on 10/08/2020 14:54

Posted on 10/08/2020 14:54

Tinwheeler replied on 10/08/2020 15:04

Posted on 10/08/2020 14:54 by

Oh, I thought the XL didn't have the overhanging wardrobe. We really need to view some models.

Our current motorhome is 6.75 metres long (without bikes on the rack) and we try to park reversing onto a grass verge where we can. There were very few problems parking the Symbol we had years ago but I am inclined to something a little more comfortable now.

Edit: replying to TW, not the post about the Marquis branch. I should have quoted.

Posted on 10/08/2020 15:04

You are right as the XL has a more conventional wardrobe on the offside. Sorry, I was thinking of the Symbol which also has the tiny wardrobe.

replied on 10/08/2020 15:34

Posted on 10/08/2020 15:04 by Tinwheeler

You are right as the XL has a more conventional wardrobe on the offside. Sorry, I was thinking of the Symbol which also has the tiny wardrobe.

Posted on 10/08/2020 15:34

replied on 10/08/2020 15:40

Posted on 10/08/2020 14:44 by JVB66

Ther is/was a Maquis branch an easy walk across the field behind Tewksbury site and Abbey

Posted on 10/08/2020 15:40

Tinwheeler replied on 10/08/2020 15:43

Posted on 10/08/2020 15:40 by

Just realised that what Marquis call "Marquis Gloucestershire" is the one at Tewkesbury. We could take a run up and stay the C&CC Winchcombe site. I like that site a lot - and we could have a grass no EHU pitch there which is perfect for an overnight stay, and away from the town.

Posted on 10/08/2020 15:43

It’s worth ringing to check they’ve got an example of what you're interested in as the website doesn’t tell you the branch stock.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook