warranty issue

VeloVanners replied on 01/10/2017 09:34

Posted on 01/10/2017 09:34

I have asked about getting a TV aerial installed when our new M/H gets delivered later this year and the response I got has surprised me.  The approved workshop that I asked said they would not do it because it nullifies the water ingress warranty.  This is a new one on me as this obviously brings into question any fitting of aerials, satellites, awnings, solar panels etc onto new M/Hs and caravans without affecting water ingress warranties.  Has anyone experience of this or is it a workshop excuse not to do the job?

cyberyacht replied on 01/10/2017 10:41

Posted on 01/10/2017 10:41

I would imagine it would be hard to duck out from the warranty if the work was carried out by an authorised dealer for that make.

mickysf replied on 01/10/2017 10:57

Posted on 01/10/2017 10:57

I guess that if the ingress was a result of the work carrier out by the dealer then they would take responsibility for the warrenty rather than the manufacturer. The issue may be that the manufacture states that retro fitting of such items which penetrate the fabric is not covered. Maybe this work is done at authorised workshop's risk. Ether way it is wise to know so decisions can be reached.

NevChap replied on 01/10/2017 11:06

Posted on 01/10/2017 11:06

On a previous new caravan I bought the radio aerial was inside the caravan. It was useless and so I requested it be moved to the outside. The dealer said it wouldn't do it without checking with the manufacturer first (Swift). Swift sensibly agreed and it was moved to the outside as requested. I would think that if you or your dealer contacted the manufacturer they would agree providing they were satisfied that the work was done by a reputable company.

replied on 01/10/2017 17:07

Posted on 01/10/2017 09:34 by VeloVanners

I have asked about getting a TV aerial installed when our new M/H gets delivered later this year and the response I got has surprised me.  The approved workshop that I asked said they would not do it because it nullifies the water ingress warranty.  This is a new one on me as this obviously brings into question any fitting of aerials, satellites, awnings, solar panels etc onto new M/Hs and caravans without affecting water ingress warranties.  Has anyone experience of this or is it a workshop excuse not to do the job?

Posted on 01/10/2017 17:07

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

VeloVanners replied on 04/10/2017 13:06

Posted on 04/10/2017 13:06

[Deleted User User]

My dealer won't fit the aerial so went down the local Authorised Workshop route.  Only tried one at the moment so don't know whether others are different.  Van is Chausson 630.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook