Visiting Luton and Dunstable Hospital, LU4 0DZ

PatThomas replied on 11/12/2017 08:45

Posted on 11/12/2017 08:45

This is my first venture into the discussions forum.

Sadly, my brother is very ill in Luton and Dunstable Hospital, and I would like to visit him. My transport is a 6 metre motorhome. Are members aware of any suitable, nearby parking places that would allow me to do that?

Many thanks,

Pat

Bakers2 replied on 11/12/2017 09:09

Posted on 11/12/2017 09:09

Hello and welcome to CT. Sorry for the reason of your first post.

I can't help as I don't know the area at all but a couple of thoughts.  Could you stay in your motorhome, I assume that's what it is, in the area and get a bus or taxi to the hospital? Have you tried ringing the hospital patients association? They will have local knowledge. You state length but not height could that be an issue as well?

This maybe of use

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.themotorcaravannersclub.co.uk/images/Motorhome_Friendly_Parking.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiHhovNzoHYAhVQa1AKHb-_AIsQFjAGegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw2vKN6ds8fadriISeOJtQHM

DavidKlyne replied on 11/12/2017 09:34

Posted on 11/12/2017 09:34

Hi Pat

Can't really help but this is the page for the hospital parking.

https://www.ldh.nhs.uk/patient-visitor-information/how-to-get-here-and-parking/

The hospital seems to be in quite a built up area so I am not sure what options there are for off site parking for your size of vehicle. If you go to the link above and go right to the bottom of the page there is an ominous quote about parking appropriately which might imply difficulties with a larger vehicle. It might be worth having a look at the Parkopedia website as they list lots of parking places. Hope you find somewhere.

David

JVB66 replied on 11/12/2017 09:47

Posted on 11/12/2017 09:47

You do not say where you are travelling from, Luton Hospital is a nightmare for parking of any vehicle,as the locals are always complaining about  and the Hospital is the M1 side of Luton towards Dunstable in a built up area,

I would look at  if possible useing a site in the area and going in by public transport 

cyberyacht replied on 11/12/2017 12:38

Posted on 11/12/2017 12:38

Looking at Google Earth, there is a Catholic church about half a mile away with a car park. Might be worth contacting them via their website and explaining your dilemma.

brue replied on 11/12/2017 19:24

Posted on 11/12/2017 19:24

You could try the  parkopedia web site for suitable parking nearby. It will give various parking solutions, free and paying, also walking distances etc.

peedee replied on 11/12/2017 19:53

Posted on 11/12/2017 19:53

Sorry to read of your troubles. JVB is right, parking anywhere near the hospital for a car is a nightmare. Its a very busy area and you will be very lucky to park locally with a 6 meter motorhome. About the best thing I can suggest is stay at Grove Lock CL just outside Leighton Buzzard and catch the number 70 bus from Leighton's town centre which goes past the hospital. Its a good walk from the CL into town though or you could use a bike and chain it up near the bus stop or park your motorhome in Leighton's Tescos large car park and then catch the bus. I think there is a number 70 bus stop near Tescos although it is only short walk to the town centre stop.

peedee

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook