TV Mounting Bracket for Bailey Advance 76-4

Prescot46 replied on 28/09/2019 17:04

Posted on 28/09/2019 17:04

Has anyone found or can recommend a TV mounting bracket for the Bailey Advance 76-4?

Apperley replied on 29/09/2019 20:02

Posted on 29/09/2019 20:02

Hi Prescot, what make of tv do you have? Is it currently free standing?

Looking at the 76-4, I take it you currently have the TV free standing on the worktop opposite the cooker, where the aerial points are located. I would be concerned about mounting a bracket to the outside wall and would not be confident that the slim panel where the aerial sockets are located is strong enough. For weight considerations a lot of the non load bearing woodwork is very thin.

is there anything wrong with your TV being free standing? Ours is freestanding then stored in a TV bag for travelling.

JVB66 replied on 29/09/2019 20:22

Posted on 29/09/2019 20:22

We have a 20inch tv in our Bailey Pegasus and have it when on site mounted on a folding bracket with a quick release tv mount (never mounted when travelling) and looking at pictures of your van and depending on your competance ,it looks as if it could be Bolted not Screwed to the bed side of the area of  where the tv sockets are if it can be accessed for the bolts

Prescot46 replied on 29/09/2019 23:03

Posted on 29/09/2019 23:03

In answer to Apperley - no reason other than it seemed like a good idea especially on the trip away this weekend when I forgot the stand for the tv. Browsing the internet a flip down bracket screwed to the bottom of the open shelf next to the tv plug looks a possibility.  I would not want the tv mounted when travelling so a flip down bracket that could take a quick release mount would be ideal.

DavidKlyne replied on 30/09/2019 10:24

Posted on 30/09/2019 10:24

We had our Avtex mounted on the side of our fridge housing in our previous Approach 740 but now we have a Alliance it is a freestanding arrangement similar to your 76-4 although we have the smaller 66-2. If you could find a suitable bracket perhaps it could be fixed the the overhead shelf. Before doing so I think I would contact Bailey customer services and pose the question to them. I have had to do this a couple of times and they have been very helpful. As an aside we kept our Avtex in a "Bags for Everything" TV bag which was easy without the stand on. However I did find even with the stand on I could still squeeze into the bag for travelling.

David

meldrew replied on 05/11/2019 18:10

Posted on 05/11/2019 18:10

From what I can see on the Bailey website the 78-4 has a locker at the foot of the bed with a surface ideal for a freestanding TV. If the problem is the TV you have is designed to fit a wall TV mounting bracket, then I would look on the major online shopping sites for a table top mounting stand instead

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook