TV fitting in bedroom

silver badge replied on 24/05/2017 20:17

Posted on 24/05/2017 20:17

I have bought a Chausson Welcome 728EB. It has a central bed at the rear. At the bottom of the bed is the deviding wall between the bedroom and central wash room. The wall has a television aerial socket, 3 pin plug and 12v plug for TV at the top. The deviding wall is hollow with 2 skins. I am not sure if there is a baton in the middle of the skins at the centre of the wall to take screws for a TV bracket. Has any one fitted a TV bracket to one and if so how? Please.

mickysf replied on 24/05/2017 20:32

Posted on 24/05/2017 20:32

I have fitted several TVs to wall panels in the past but it really depends on the size and weight of the TV. I bought a cheap plate hook on type bracket from Tesco for my latest van and used only short screws and it works fine, still solid after 3 years. Draw back is you can't change the angle but we don't need too. Always unclip TV to store when travelling and hang again when on site. It works a treat

TonyIshUK replied on 29/05/2017 18:33

Posted on 29/05/2017 18:33

Maybe try one of the gizmos that can trace studs behind walls. About £15 from Argos (or similar store)

However I would have thought Chausson would have mounting instructions if plugs and wiring are in place.

rgds

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook