Truma Ultrastore Water Heater Dead

Threebarkingdogs replied on 15/10/2018 18:20

Posted on 15/10/2018 18:20

Help.

Just turned the electric water heater element on and all I got was a quick flash from the red LED on the switch and then nothing. Flicked the switch off and back on and I'm getting the very occasional brief red flash from the LED at random intervals in the first few seconds after turning the switch on.

Does this seem to indicate a loose connection rather than a tripped (or worse dead) element?

Is there a reset switch anywhere?

It has never been turned on without making sure the hot taps run without spluttering first so it hasn't been used empty and it was fine last night. Gas hot water works (as you would expect).

All other mains electrics are working.

Cheers

Andy

Tinwheeler replied on 15/10/2018 18:51

Posted on 15/10/2018 18:51

Is this covered in your instruction book? I’m sure it will point you towards any reset switch. 

Threebarkingdogs replied on 15/10/2018 19:08

Posted on 15/10/2018 19:08

I am 800 miles from my instruction book!

Also I guess the red lights on the switches aren't LED's on a 14 year old switch or were they back then? Not that it really matters!

Andy

Threebarkingdogs replied on 15/10/2018 19:41

Posted on 15/10/2018 19:30 by Tinwheeler

You dont need me to tell you it pays to keep the manual in the van, then.๐Ÿ˜€

There is much on Google including Truma's download site.

https://www.truma.com/uk/en/service/truma-manuals-instructions.html

It could even be an iffy bulb in the switch so Iโ€™d suggest turning it on to see if the water heats before you go any further.

Posted on 15/10/2018 19:41

I know, I know!

I did wonder if it was just the indicator light (neon not LED...) that had failed but by the time I'd thought of that I'd already fired up the gas and heated the water. I'll have to see what happens tomorrow...

Cheers

Andy

Threebarkingdogs replied on 16/10/2018 17:11

Posted on 16/10/2018 17:11

It does appear that it is simply the red indicator bulb has gone on the blink, hot water a plenty on electric tonight!

Tinwheeler replied on 16/10/2018 17:15

Posted on 16/10/2018 17:11 by Threebarkingdogs

It does appear that it is simply the red indicator bulb has gone on the blink, hot water a plenty on electric tonight!

Posted on 16/10/2018 17:15

That’s good. We had one that was just the same so left it be. Who needs a red light anyway?

Glad it’s sorted๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook