Truma electrics

trampus replied on 17/01/2020 17:23

Posted on 17/01/2020 17:23

hi , i wonder if someone can helpa newbie ?? i have a 2008 autotrail cheyenne 840d and have issue with combi boiler . works fine on gas but does not seem to get electric power . is there a electric cut off switch between the control above the door and the boiler ??? . i'm thinking there might be some sort of isolation switch ??? . any advice would be very helpfull please

JVB66 replied on 17/01/2020 18:02

Posted on 17/01/2020 18:02

There may be a plug and socket for the maiins supply near the boiler? ,have you tripped the boiler electric supply there is a reset button on ours 

Tinwheeler replied on 17/01/2020 18:58

Posted on 17/01/2020 18:58

I assume the van is connected to a 240 volt supply and other 240v electrics work.

There will be a 240v supply panel somewhere in a cupboard which will have domestic type circuit breakers in it. If these are all set to the on position and there is no isolator switch between the supply panel and the heater, the high limit cut out may have operated on the heater. If these items are ok the heater is probably broken.

The instruction book (probably also available online) is a good place to start looking for solutions when problems occur and will have any information you require to reset the cut out and give details of how to operate all the van's systems.

Hope this helps👍🏻

young thomas replied on 17/01/2020 20:30

Posted on 17/01/2020 20:30

if AutoTrail's Sargent electrics systems are set up anything like our old Swift, there will be two buttons on the Power Supply Unit....one marked (from memory) ' water heater' and the other marked 'space heater'...these need to be pushed to enable these systems.

had you got the hot water working on electric? 

you'll also need to ensure the thermostat is turned up high enough (sorry if a bit obvious...) and the fan needs 12v power to operate.

if all these are set correctly, there is a 'reset' button under a plastic cowl which can sometimes be the issue....is a bit awkward to get at (set quite deep) and may needs a pencil or similar to push it fully home.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook