Truma Combi 4E fault E602 H

Stewartz replied on 06/03/2022 19:10

Posted on 06/03/2022 19:10

Going to use the vehicle today, putting the hearing on the Truma panel displays E602 H ( both in gas and electric modes). Searching here I can’t find anything previous, doing a Google search a suggestion it’s possibly an electric issue, No heating or hot water, we’ve returned home. Ive emailed Truma support this afternoon, however they won’t respond until tomorrow so just wondering if anyone here knows of this error code, or experience of it previously. 

many thanks in anticipation 

Stewart 

DavidKlyne replied on 06/03/2022 19:32

Posted on 06/03/2022 19:32

Stewart

Have you tried to reset the boiler  by pressing the reset button on the rear of the boiler?

David

SeasideBill replied on 06/03/2022 19:32

Posted on 06/03/2022 19:32

Not familiar with that specific fault code, but always worth trying a hard reset on the Truma unit. There seems to be a few variations on the precise location of the reset button but generally it’s a little red button under the plastic cover - Google ‘Truma 4E hard reset’ and you’ll find plenty of videos out there illustrating what to do. If that doesn’t clear the fault, you may have a PCB fault

Stewartz replied on 06/03/2022 19:37

Posted on 06/03/2022 19:37

David, thanks and that sounds like a plan tomorrow.

Bill, again a good suggestion thank you. I do fear a pcb fault ……

I’ll see what Truma come back with

thanks fir your replies 

Stewartz replied on 07/03/2022 12:25

Posted on 07/03/2022 12:25

Very prompt response from Truma this morning;

fault code 602 in indicating an overvoltage to the combi boiler. advise checking 12v power supply then wait 15 minutes until the fault code has gone solid, scroll round to the exclamation mark in the triangle and press twice, this has cleared the fault and all working again thankfully.

If this does not clear the fault, then a hard reset required. 

Hope this assist anyone with this fault in the future. 

Kasspa replied on 07/03/2022 21:27

Posted on 07/03/2022 21:27

I'm sure I've seen something similar on my Truma panel when I've disconnected EHU without turning heat/water settings to off before doing so.....

Switching panel off, clears fault code.

SeasideBill replied on 07/03/2022 21:47

Posted on 07/03/2022 21:47

I guess anything that can generate a voltage surge/spike could create the error……vehicle alternator, solar controller or just abruptly shutting off the supply to live circuits. 

young thomas replied on 09/03/2022 07:58

Posted on 07/03/2022 12:25 by Stewartz

Very prompt response from Truma this morning;

fault code 602 in indicating an overvoltage to the combi boiler. advise checking 12v power supply then wait 15 minutes until the fault code has gone solid, scroll round to the exclamation mark in the triangle and press twice, this has cleared the fault and all working again thankfully.

If this does not clear the fault, then a hard reset required. 

Hope this assist anyone with this fault in the future. 

Posted on 09/03/2022 07:58

A really useful post...

in the last I have found Trumas advice about waiting 15mins and posted on various sites, but users are reluctant to do much other than keep pressing buttons....

some codes can be cleared by just turning the control panel off....press and hold the rotary knob....

some (never yet on either of my latest vans) require using the red button. Not easy with my installation.

some require the 15 min wait...these just need to be recognised, I'm sure codes can easily be found on Trumas website.

young thomas replied on 09/03/2022 08:04

Posted on 07/03/2022 21:27 by Kasspa

I'm sure I've seen something similar on my Truma panel when I've disconnected EHU without turning heat/water settings to off before doing so.....

Switching panel off, clears fault code.

Posted on 09/03/2022 08:04

It will be 'similar' but there is a specific error code for loss of mains voltage..as you say, this is one of the easily cleared errors....I did it once and cleared straight away, some have had the same error and found it needed a reset.

different electrical set up perhaps, certainly Uk vans have a different set up to German ones.

MalcMc replied on 11/03/2022 12:33

Posted on 11/03/2022 12:33

Had the same issue, I down loaded the booklet from Truma which sorted my fault out, if you phone they are very helpful.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook