Cleaning roof of Adria Coral

Laughing Gravy replied on 03/03/2021 16:54

Posted on 03/03/2021 16:54

Hi All

I have a Adria Coral with the the fitted roof bars and ladder. Can anyone offer reassurance that I can climb onto the roof of the van (staying off the front dome) without damaging it in order to clean the roof effectively? Secondly is anyone aware of available roof bars that would fit across the rack (approx 2m?) so I could mount a roof box?

Moderator Edit:

As the title of your thread didn't make it clear what your discussion is about, I've amended it to something more appropriate to allow members to see what the discussion is about.

peedee replied on 04/03/2021 10:22

Posted on 04/03/2021 10:22

Cannot help with an Adria but the motorhome I had with fitted roof bars had a red line across the roof which I was told not to pass. Does the hand book not say?

I fitted a top box to mine but didn't need extra roof bars, The top box came with U-bolts that clamped it to the motorhome roof bars.

Make sure you have the payload for all the extra weight over the back axle.

peedee

Laughing Gravy replied on 05/03/2021 08:52

Posted on 05/03/2021 08:52

thanks peedee, no redline but I will look through the handbook. I would need cross bars to fix a roofbox though. PS weight OK

hitchglitch replied on 06/03/2021 21:21

Posted on 06/03/2021 21:21

At the risk of stating the obvious, should you decide to stand on the roof (which is what I do on my Autosleepers) you need to work out a safe way of working. A soapy roof is extremely slippery so you need to soap and rinse away from your body whilst staying on a dry part of the roof (if that makes sense). I have had a couple of dodgy moments.

I reverse up to my flat roof garage so I can safely step on and off of the vehicle.

kenexton replied on 07/03/2021 08:50

Posted on 07/03/2021 08:50

Alternative approach needed?We have an Autosleeper PVC and clambering onto the roof is not an option.I clean the roof and skylights by standing on a platform(also used to cut the garden hedges from) car shampoo  and water with a soft brush on a telescopic handle and rinsing down with my Ryobi EZ battery operated "power washer" .The latter works off my Ryobi power tool batteries and the water is in a 25l container ,it is great for rinsing and cleaning muck from under the wings etc.I have no mains water/electricity at the garage for the MH so this helps to keep it pristine.The EZ  is not a " power washer" like my home Karcher is though but it does for the job required.Any help to you?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook