Thetford 402C

mrspdent replied on 22/08/2021 11:53

Posted on 22/08/2021 11:53

Hello everyone,

I can't get my  toilet cassette fully back in! Been doing it fine for years. Internet searches not helped. Looking inside the empty chamber before putting the cassette back in, I noticed  a rectangular  box shape with four screws hanging down It is very loose and can be pushed up so it it flush with top. It appears that it could be designed to rock? Hoping to see if this is the problem or  to eliminate it. I can get the cassette in to  within about 3 cm of where it needs to be. Any ideas?

Thanks

DavidKlyne replied on 22/08/2021 13:16

Posted on 22/08/2021 13:16

I am not familiar with the bench style cassette but two things to check. The cassette usually has a removeable sliding cover, is it possible this has been put back the wrong way round? Secondly is the slide on the toilet fully into position to allow the cassette to slide in?

David

peedee replied on 23/08/2021 07:44

Posted on 23/08/2021 07:44

In addition to DK's checks, I think this model has a towing handle on it, make sure it is fully in place before you attempt to slide the cassette into position. It also has storage holes in the bottom of the holder, make sure the lids of these are securely in place.

peedee

Amesford replied on 23/08/2021 10:03

Posted on 23/08/2021 10:03

Have you checked the flush knob on the top of the cassette is fully closed and lines up with internal flush handle, something I've come across before 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook