Test button stuck

nelliethedog replied on 27/03/2022 18:45

Posted on 27/03/2022 18:45

Hi ,help needed ! Does anyone know how to release the test button on my Bailey approach pdu ? 

SeasideBill replied on 27/03/2022 19:45

Posted on 27/03/2022 19:45

Sometimes a firm flick action does the trip, failing that some gentle tapping around the button location, failing that grab the button with something like long nose pliers or tweezers to gently pull the button out and/or rotate it, failing that shout something rude and prepare yourself for expense!

I’m not familiar at all with your unit but if you’re brave, it’s often easy enough to remove casings on small electricals which might give you access to resolve whatever the problem is. Obviously isolate power supply beforehand 

JollyKernow replied on 27/03/2022 19:50

Posted on 27/03/2022 19:50

We have several different rcd's and mcb's on site. Try pushing the trip right down and then up, that might work.

Just checking, are you actually connected to 240v? If not the button won't react.

JK

replied on 27/03/2022 20:59

Posted on 27/03/2022 20:59

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

nelliethedog replied on 28/03/2022 19:40

Posted on 28/03/2022 19:40

Thanks everyone, i have managed to release the test button and everything is working fine apart from the water heater and three 240v sockets all on the same side of the m/h. Motorhome was in for a hab service last Friday and everything was marked up as being satisfactory , unfortunately this isn't the case . Will contact dealer tomorrow but i don't expect any joy ! . This may be related to the motorhome going back to Bailey last year for a damp issue when all of the furniture was removed and a new floor fitted and we only got it back in November and haven't tried it until it was serviced on Friday.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook