Swift Lifestyle 590RL 2006

rikita replied on 02/09/2016 12:10

Posted on 02/09/2016 12:10

SmileHi folks,

We have just recently bought the above mentioned pre-owned motorhome, although it is generally in very good condition, there is one thing that bugs us....the front windscreen blinds won't stay shut at the bottom!!! Anyone else have this problem?  Any tips, answers or comments would be much appreciated.

Much thanks in advance

Rick & Rita (Kent) 

huskydog replied on 02/09/2016 12:42

Posted on 02/09/2016 12:42

Had you thought of using the external "silverscreens"??, or could you use a couple of "bulldog" type clips to hold it ....

QFour replied on 02/09/2016 16:30

Posted on 02/09/2016 16:30

They are magnetic strips down the sides. Perhaps the magnets have lost their pull. You can get magnetic strip from ebay / amazon. Use some strong double sided tape to hold it in place. Glad you found one in good condition Laughing

Nice thing about the internal ones is you can put them round if you park in the sun. You can also undo them if you want to leave in a hurry. The silverscreen ones you have to get out to take off which might not always be possible.

Doug n San replied on 03/09/2016 10:08

Posted on 03/09/2016 10:08

Sorry to hear about your blinds, but as a owner of swift motor home for the last 12 years I can report that is you kepp it long enough you will have far more expensive and far more serious problems than your blinds.

If I had the money I would have got rid of money 11 years ago

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook