Swift based motorhomes

revit replied on 27/07/2013 15:41

Posted on 27/07/2013 15:41

We have a Swift Bolero 2013 model, last year we took it to Brownhills Newark for some items to be sorted to our satisfaction, these were carried out.  One of these items was the water gauge on the electric panel kept sounding an alarm to say the tank was empty when it had just been filled ( due to the rods getting contaminated was the given cause) now one year on we are having the same problem.

Are all these models the same ? Is there a more reliable cure and have Swift done any modification to this water gauge.

Revit

robj7744 replied on 26/08/2020 17:14

Posted on 26/08/2020 17:14

I have a swift Alto 2013 model. I assume the water tank arrangement will be fairly similar.

The water tank has a large screw cap on the bottom. If you drain the tank and remove the cap you will be able to put your arm inside the tank and feel the sensors. You should be able to clean them. Toothbrush dipped in vinegar will clean off any calcite build up.

Tinwheeler replied on 26/08/2020 17:32

Posted on 26/08/2020 17:32

I doubt it’s only Swift as most manufacturers tend to use the same control panels, electronics and so on.

As Rob says, try cleaning the sensors as they are prone to collecting gunge of various types.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook