SOG for Rapido 899F

Apache13 replied on 19/06/2016 20:25

Posted on 19/06/2016 20:25

Is there anyone who can assist me with the SOG model  would need to purchase for my 2015 Rapido 899F. I phone  major supplier and they advised a model (F) but they then said as long as I have at least a 1" clearance!

Camdoon replied on 20/06/2016 18:46

Posted on 20/06/2016 18:46

You can save yourself a few pounds by doing it yourself. Some of the well known Motorhome forums will show you how.

Briefly you need to buy a computer fan and some carbon filter (fish tank ones are cheap). It is then a question of tapping off the 12v supply. I have an illuminated button which switches on the fan and some subdued light (handy at noght) but I know others who have a sensor on the blade which switches the fan off and on as the blade is opened and shut.

None of this is difficult and the parts will cost you a lot less than £30. Worth joining a forum and you will get all the help you need.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook