Review: Wellhouse Leisure Turismo

RowenaBCAMC replied on 20/04/2017 15:00

Posted on 20/04/2017 15:00

A car in the week and a camper at the weekends...what could be better? 

I'm posting this video for those of you who may have missed it in the April 2017 digital issue of the Club magazine. Nick Harding takes a look at the Wellhouse Leisure Turismo, a campervan  that could potentially double as a towcar. Let us know your thoughts on this vehicle. Would you consider owning one and why? 

EJB986 replied on 20/04/2017 15:24

Posted on 20/04/2017 15:24

No, but would love to read your comments on the multitude of 'Stickies' that have appeared when it was suggested that the numbers would be curbed

RowenaBCAMC replied on 20/04/2017 15:39

Posted on 20/04/2017 15:39

Hi EJB986 - we can certainly review the stickies and I would be interested in hearing peoples thoughts and suggestions and happy to make changes. However, the best place to discuss this in more detail would be in the How to use Club Together section. FYI there are currently no stickies in this section (motorhomes). 

In the meantime I would be interested in hearing people's thoughts on the wellhouse leisure vehicle in this discussion and hope the review has been of interest. smile

Thornsett replied on 21/04/2017 09:55

Posted on 21/04/2017 09:55

Welcome back, Rowena, I hope all went well.

Wellhouse Lesiure are highly respected converters as the time served motorhomer Nick points out. I expect there will be a limited market for such vehicles such as couples who like the active life without the need for luxury. I can imagine some of my fishing friends could find it very useful whether as an overnighter or for a day's fishing. I just don't see them forking out the money.

For me it's a crude base vehicle, and too many compromises in use as a camper.

Not sure how Nick managed to get his awning on the grass on what I presume is a club site. I'd be interested in knowing whether the club will see the vehicles as camping and thus limited to some sites or as a campervan/motorhome with unlimited access to sites.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook