Replacement Lunar Champ/Premier H592 Skylight

Bonsaiman replied on 21/10/2020 14:10

Posted on 21/10/2020 14:10

Hi

Wonder if anybody can help me in the search for a replacement over-cab skylight for my 2008 Lunar Champ/Premier H592 (I've put Champ/Premier as my instruction book is for a Champ but models earlier than mine appear to be called Premier... confusing, but it is definitely a H592 body)

It is the skylight which is positioned above the front cab seats, the original skylight bonding failed whilst driving down the motorway and the skylight just blew off, by the time I had pulled over and returned to see if anything was salvageable about 25-30 cars had driven over it so there wasn't much left. The photos show before and what I have now.

The repair garage have contacted everybody in the country they can think of, including breakers and even abroad in an attempt to locate one but with no joy - even O'Leary's was a dead end! They have even looked at other caravan/motorhome makes to see if any have a similar skylight but those that do, are not the right size or shape.

The problem is it is a unusual shape as it tapers from bottom to top, and is curved from front to back and from side to side. It would be quite easy to get one made if there was a mould available but there doesn't appear to be anybody with one.

It has been suggested to get a solid panel shaped to fit as this appears to be what has been used on later models, but this would look a bit odd both from outside but particularly from the inside as there is an skylight opening and a blind 

So I was hoping that somebody out there has been in a similar situation and if they managed to either replace the skylight or to come up with a solution to resolve the problem, they can let me know.

Many thanks in advance

DavidKlyne replied on 21/10/2020 14:19

Posted on 21/10/2020 14:19

Can't help with where you might get a replacement but are there any Lunar Motorhome owners groups out there or perhaps a Facebook Group that you could join as someone on one of those group might know a source?

David

Bonsaiman replied on 22/10/2020 10:11

Posted on 22/10/2020 10:11

Hi Tinwheeler

Thanks for the suggestions, tried them both and about 30 others but;

eeco-ltd only do windows not skylights/rooflights and need an existing window to make a mould from

autoglass only fit existing stock and there is no stockist of old Lunar spares

Cheers

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook