Pop up Gazeebo

Silver Tripper replied on 16/07/2021 16:26

Posted on 16/07/2021 16:26

Just wondering if anyone knows the rule on using a pop up gazeebo on club sites. I have just bought one and would like to use at the rear of my campervan if it's allowed. In addition I normally use a wind out awning with privacy screens to the side of my van. With both erected I think my total footprint  would be about 6.7m long and 4m wide which is on par with some motorhomes with awnings.

Tinwheeler replied on 16/07/2021 17:05

Posted on 16/07/2021 17:05

At one time we were told gazebos were taboo, then someone said it was OK so I think the best thing would be to contact the club for a definitive answer.

You may find that space will not permit a gazebo as well as your wind out on all sites or it may be at the warden's discretion. The overriding criteria will always be the space between you and your neighbour.

Check out the site rules to see if they help.

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/uk-holidays/uk-sites/club-sites/club-site-rules/

peedee replied on 17/07/2021 07:40

Posted on 17/07/2021 07:40

The the increasing ownership of campervans I can see more demand for set us like this. There are three simular outfits on site here right now.

peedee

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook