Pilote G740C Bonnet

Kevin Switzer replied on 20/05/2019 12:58

Posted on 20/05/2019 12:58

Hello, we've been members for the last Ten years give or take. Sold our tired old Hymer last year and bought a new Pilot, it is a really good van but. Two things are really annoying, One is the cooker hood which is not over the cooker and has no effect on it whatsoever, we should really have noticed this, crazy and inconceivable! next is the bonnet, this I would like to mention as other Pilote (newish A class owners must be in the same boat, the bonnet did not fis very well and stood proud of where it meets the sided of the vehicle. Vehicle was returned to dealer for adjustment, it was only when i checked if following the repair that i noticed the rear of the bonnet was flapping up and down some Three inches. With the dealer, I examined the other new A class models in the dealership and they all had the same problem, I raised this as an unacceptable issue and am waiting to speak with the Pilote rep. I my opinion this fault is a potential safety issue as the frequent movement (especially on our shockingly bad roads) may cause the bonnet catch to release.

Ayf replied on 21/05/2019 10:05

Posted on 21/05/2019 10:05

We've looked at dozens of Galaxy-series Pilote's over the last 3-years and almost all of them have had horrendous body and bonnet alignment to the front end.

I've seen quite a few new examples where the front panels are way out so I'm not surprised that you're having an issue. Also, I was quite shocked by the poor quality finish of the front body which is a shame since the Pilote A-class vans are otherwise a tip-top quality unit.

I'm not sure that much can be done to rectify the issue unless Pilote want to put a bit more effort into their manufacturing and design process.

Good luck ;-)

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook