Peugeot Boxer wing mirror indicator lens

dougA replied on 04/05/2018 16:50

Posted on 04/05/2018 16:50

Hi

I was unfortunate to have my wing mirror clipped by an oncoming van. The mirror guard saved most of the damage but my mirror indicator lense was smashed off.

Can anyone tell me how to remove what’s left of the lense and how to fit a new lense to my wing mirror.

MY Vehicle is a 2017 Peugeot Boxer

ATDel replied on 04/05/2018 21:16

Posted on 04/05/2018 21:16

Push the mirror lense down as far as it can go, get your hands behind the top of the lense and gently pull. It should pop off however it is connected by 2 wires. You will find 2 small screws behind where the indicator lense is undo these two and out it’ll pop.

I haven’t done it yet but watched video on u tube. I’ll be tackling mine in a couple of days when lense arrives. Hit by Calor Gas van out on the rose land peninsula, I was doing 2 mph at the time (according to my camera) he didn’t even slow down, luckily it was just the indicator lense got it.

Kev

dougA replied on 04/05/2018 21:59

Posted on 04/05/2018 21:16 by ATDel

Push the mirror lense down as far as it can go, get your hands behind the top of the lense and gently pull. It should pop off however it is connected by 2 wires. You will find 2 small screws behind where the indicator lense is undo these two and out itโ€™ll pop.

I havenโ€™t done it yet but watched video on u tube. Iโ€™ll be tackling mine in a couple of days when lense arrives. Hit by Calor Gas van out on the rose land peninsula, I was doing 2 mph at the time (according to my camera) he didnโ€™t even slow down, luckily it was just the indicator lense got it.

Kev

Posted on 04/05/2018 21:59

Cheers Kev, wasn’t sure if the lense could be replaced without the full indicator being replaced. I’ve ordered a full indicator and should be delivered by the time I get home on Sunday.

Thanks for this I’ll let you know how I get on ๐Ÿ‘

ATDel replied on 05/05/2018 19:19

Posted on 05/05/2018 19:19

Doug, the good news is the mirror lense can stay put push the glass to the left hand side of the glass into the housing and you should be able to see the 2 screws, they are tiny. Done the job in 5 minuets, the only problem is I ordered the clear lense and it should have been the lense with an orange inset in, hey ho ordered another and I’ll keep the wrong one as a spare just in case.

Kev 

dougA replied on 05/05/2018 19:58

Posted on 05/05/2018 19:58

Cheers kev that’s brill. So it’s my drivers side mirror I need to push the left side of the mirror fully in to locate the screws that hold the indicator lense.

not sure where you bought yours but I got mine here which I thought was a good price compared to Peugeot.

http://peugeotwingmirror.co.uk/product_info.php/peugeot-boxer-2006-2017-driver-side-wing-mirror-indicator-clear-lens-incl-amber-reflector-p-15308

ATDel replied on 05/05/2018 21:35

Posted on 05/05/2018 21:35

Same place, I just bought the wrong one!

Just read my post, it’s not clear sorry, push in the right hand of the mirror lense side towards the front of the vehicle and the screws will be visible on the inside of where the indicator lense is.

dougA replied on 06/05/2018 21:50

Posted on 06/05/2018 21:50

All sorted Kev. No probs other than working with the small screws but managed to change the indicator thanks ๐Ÿ‘

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook