Peugeot Boxer Safety Recall

DavidKlyne replied on 31/03/2022 13:10

Posted on 31/03/2022 13:10

Just a heads up. I have just received a letter from Peugeot telling me about an urgent recall on my Boxer based motorhome. Mine is a 2019 version so I don't know how far either side of that date the recall applies to? The recall concerns brake pipes fixings which may not conform to specification and they need to be checked and replaced if necessary.  I have always had my two motorhomes serviced at my dealer but I imagine this work will have to be carried out at a Peugeot main agent. We have one in MK but previously when asked if they can handle motorhomes they have said no but I noticed on the Peugeot website they so say motorhomes so fingers crossed!!!

David

NormaAndAnthony replied on 02/04/2022 15:30

Posted on 02/04/2022 15:30

Our 2019 motorhome was recalled for the same fault a week ago & a Peugeot dealer quickly booked it in within days so it is all sorted now.

Our local chap who does our servicing could not do it, it had to be a Peugeot dealer. We had to try 4 dealers within a 25 mile radius before we found one that could accommodate motorhomes. The Peugeot recall also included a free health safety check which they did, but also a free wash but they could not do that because our mh would not fit in their car wash do not do hand washes! 

We were happy to get the mh checked & fixed before we start our adventures this year but frustrated that it could not be taken to a dealer near home, particularly with the price of diesel soaring as it is.

Tinwheeler replied on 02/04/2022 15:42

Posted on 02/04/2022 15:42

Our 2017 Boxer was subject to this recall some 3-4 years back and I picked up the info from a thread on this forum at the time. 

I checked the DVSA website and found it applied to our van and had the check carried out but never had a notification from Peugeot. I hear they are only now getting around to sending out letters about recalls to 2019 vehicles although it’s been known about for a long time. I try to remember to check the DVSA site from time to time for our current vehicles just in case.

DavidKlyne replied on 02/04/2022 17:18

Posted on 02/04/2022 15:30 by NormaAndAnthony

Our 2019 motorhome was recalled for the same fault a week ago & a Peugeot dealer quickly booked it in within days so it is all sorted now.

Our local chap who does our servicing could not do it, it had to be a Peugeot dealer. We had to try 4 dealers within a 25 mile radius before we found one that could accommodate motorhomes. The Peugeot recall also included a free health safety check which they did, but also a free wash but they could not do that because our mh would not fit in their car wash do not do hand washes! 

We were happy to get the mh checked & fixed before we start our adventures this year but frustrated that it could not be taken to a dealer near home, particularly with the price of diesel soaring as it is.

Posted on 02/04/2022 17:18

I have contacted my local Peugeot dealer and am awaiting them coming back to me on whether they can accommodate my motorhome which is not particularly large. I do have an alternative that I can use but that is 20 miles away rather than 6!!!  The subject of finding Peugeot dealers that can deal with motorhomes has been aired on here before and it seems a major shortcoming of their dealer network. Had it been a Fiat it would be easy as we have a large commercial dealer here in MK.

David

Tinwheeler replied on 03/04/2022 13:58

Posted on 03/04/2022 13:58

Yep, that’s the thread I was referring to earlier. It’s not as long ago as I thought. Well done for finding it.

BlueVanMan replied on 07/04/2022 10:18

Posted on 07/04/2022 10:18

I think I posted somewhere about this perhaps on the thread TW mentioned

As mentioned above this ISN'T new !!

It affects Citroen Relays as well (essentially the same vehicle as a Peugeot Boxer).

I believe the "recall" was was published on 9 November 2019 affecting vehicle built 05/07/2016  to 17/06/2019. "The brake pipes may not conform to specification" is very coy. 

Were they made from cheese etc etc ? I have never had any notification from Citroen but a main dealer did the check at first service. Apparently it related to the proper fixing of pipes which might in certain circumstances rub against bodywork ? 

DavidKlyne replied on 07/04/2022 20:32

Posted on 07/04/2022 20:32

Typical I suppose but I had to re-contact my local Peugeot Dealer as despite sending them all the information about the motorhome, including photographs, they failed to come back to me. I sent them another email and they did come back quickly but with a refusal so I now have to look elsewhere! 

David 

DavidKlyne replied on 11/04/2022 09:52

Posted on 11/04/2022 09:52

Just an update. Managed to book the van into York, Ward and Rowlatt in Wellingborough after Easter. They seem very professional and organised. Appointment at 2.00pm and they will inspect the brake pipe and change if necessary at the same appointment. 

David

DavidKlyne replied on 20/04/2022 17:19

Posted on 20/04/2022 17:19

We took the van up to Wellingborough today to York, Ward and Rowlatt. Very busy but efficient place. Parking not for the faint hearted but there were staff on hand to direct and help. Apparently our brake pipes were fine so only an inspection but they said we needed a software update which they also did plus a free complimentary vehicle check which was also fine. I have to say I was pretty impressed with the company so one to add to the list for those needing Peugeot service in the area.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook