Pegaso 745 adblue filling issues

ScreenName7312F5AEDA replied on 28/10/2021 18:28

Posted on 28/10/2021 18:28

Hi All, first time posting, first time motohomer! Travelling home today the adblue light came on, so straight to screwfix and collected my 10ltr container. My van uses adblue so I'm no stranger to using it, I usually push the nozzle into the filler and lift up the container until it empties, job done. Why can I not get any into the motorhome? I extended the hose with some 15mm copper pipe as the nozzle isn't quite long enough on the adblue container to push the stainless steel non return flap inside the filler hole. I managed to get about 1/2 ltr in before it started pouring back out, pushing a finger inside the adblue liquid seems to be right up to the filler neck, surely this isn't correct as I believe there is a 19ltr tank fitted...............any ideas???  Plenty more questions to come undecided

chrissies replied on 28/10/2021 19:21

Posted on 28/10/2021 19:21

We had a similar problem with our car warning light came on for adblue but tank was full took it to mechanic  and they put it on machine to cut long story short had to have adblue tank replaced and it wasn’t cheap 😩

Apperley replied on 28/10/2021 21:53

Posted on 28/10/2021 21:53

I’ve had problems with the adblue container spout failing to open the gate in the adblue tank. Initially I had to decant the 10 litre containers into 3.5 litre containers as the smaller bottle seemed to have a better nozzle.  I now use a garage forecourt pump. It always opens the gate, it’s  quicker, cheaper and no spillage or mess.

BlueVanMan replied on 31/10/2021 11:47

Posted on 28/10/2021 21:53 by Apperley

I’ve had problems with the adblue container spout failing to open the gate in the adblue tank. Initially I had to decant the 10 litre containers into 3.5 litre containers as the smaller bottle seemed to have a better nozzle.  I now use a garage forecourt pump. It always opens the gate, it’s  quicker, cheaper and no spillage or mess.

Posted on 31/10/2021 11:47

My experience exactly. As Ad-blue is fairly readily available on forecourts I don't carry it or have any at home nowadays, but in the early days I found it necessary to buy a small special top-up bottle which I filled from a 10 litre. However I wasn't entirely happy with that process less dirt of contamination wad introduced in the decanting process. 

DogLucy replied on 31/01/2023 12:33

Posted on 31/01/2023 12:33

Hi , we have had same issues took it to a Fiat dealer and £180 later he said put hole in container to allow air out.I was not happy with outcome but there are issues with design with pipe issues not having a proper fall for add blue to fill.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook