Old camper

CBee replied on 31/03/2022 14:43

Posted on 31/03/2022 14:43

My Wellhouse converted Toyota Hiace is almost 16 years old and has served us well since it’s import and conversion in 2006. The vehicle itself is 1995 and as it is now becoming rusty I am planning to sell it but would prefer not to do it privately. If anyone has any experience or advice about selling via one of the websites for old/damaged campers that would be great- the more research I do the more reviews of dodgy behaviours I find! I realise the price offered will be lower than selling privately, I would just like a straightforward transaction. 

chasncath replied on 04/04/2022 15:41

Posted on 04/04/2022 15:41

We are curently considering selling our 2002 Hymer 'Swing' which we bought second hand in 2004 for £26k. We've added150k miles since, and she's now showing her age ( and so are we). Recently we've spent a bit of money on theFiat base to keep her going and to pass thye MoT. A broken hip has kind of slowed us down and we've beeen looking at how best to passs our 'van on to a good home.

Our 'van is in storage a 40 minute drive away, so trying to sell privately would be difficult and time consuming. A dealer has offered to view our van and gave us a guide to his purchase pricing range. On the other hand, we have a motorhome and caravan broker not to far from us: he would sell it for us and take a percentage.

You may want to search for brokers in your area.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook