Nu Venture Nu Rio

CrazyCaravanner replied on 05/03/2017 16:50

Posted on 05/03/2017 16:50

Have any members ever owned a Nu Venture Nu Rio Motorhome? If so, how do you rate it? We saw them at last October's NEC show, and quite liked the idea of a smaller version of a coachbuilt vehicle. We might consider one if we ever get the opportunity sometime in the distant future. Are they practical, thinking about relatively small water tanks. Also, is it possible to have a microwave fitted? They are not offered as an option.

Thornsett replied on 06/03/2017 10:26

Posted on 06/03/2017 10:26

Motorhomers buy their vehicles to reflect how they intend using the motorhome and any restrictions the motorhomers have such as space to park, budget. I'd think about what you would want to do in your motorhome rather than what a motorhome allows you to do.

For motorhomers using sites, whether full or CLs, then the recommended travel limit for water is 20l; people like me rarely fill up with more than 50l. However, if you 'wild camp' or do not use site facilities, then for a motorhomer the small water tanks would be a problem in that they would need more frequent filling and emptying. Motorhomers do not tend to use aquarolls etc as they take up space so it will mean either a hand held water filler of hose from a tap. 'Wild campers' would tend to carry 100+litres of water in their tanks.

I do not know whether a microwave can be fitted but I'd question whether one is required. It's a lifestyle choice because many motorhomers are happy to be without EHU.

I don't have a NuVenture. I've looked at them and visited the factory. The smaller vans do not suit us [too many compromises for two of us] but I'd consider one of their Panel Van Conversions if we decided to have a PVC. If I was on my own or only going away as a couple for short trips, the the RIO would be attractive.

Size of motorhome does not always relate to ease of driving.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook