Mould in 1year old motorhome?

Scoota and Dixie replied on 17/04/2018 21:00

Posted on 17/04/2018 21:00

Hi All,

We've had our motorhome for 1 year now and have had a water leak for several months, it seems to be coming from the front skylight (2017 chausson 737 welcome)

It's gone into the dealer a few times but they say they. And make it leak, I too can't with a hose but the towels placed on the shelf under the window are soaked after heavy rain and the shelf is covered in water and even have drops coming off of the window blind frame into a bowl! I have supplied photos of all over the past month to the dealer.

what worries me more is I am now having black marks appearing all over the motorhome walls, I am assuming this is mould and my wife is now reluctant to go away in it as we have children including a toddler and she is worried about the health risks.

the motorhome is in the dealers now and they tell me that the marks are not mould and are infact the glue that has stained the vinyl wall coverings?? Is this a thing or have they made this up to cover a bigger issue?? Leak area as of yet undiscovered

I'd really appreciate anyone's feed back with this sort of mould or stain issues.

thanks.

Scoota

Tinwheeler replied on 17/04/2018 21:11

Posted on 17/04/2018 21:11

They could be right about the glue. I've seen this happen before after a heavy soaking.

However, the real issue is that the dealer needs to put everything right, including repapering if necessary. I think you need expert advice and should be considering legal action or rejection even at this late stage. Matters should have been sorted long ago.

I suggest you contact the club's  legal advice team and you might find this link helpful.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-to-reject-a-faulty-product-and-get-your-money-back

JVB66 replied on 18/04/2018 12:42

Posted on 18/04/2018 12:42

I agree with tinny it should have been sorted by now ,these days unless real foot stamping is done then some dealers will just give you the runaround 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook