Motorhome tyres

DavidSperry replied on 26/04/2022 14:15

Posted on 26/04/2022 14:15

My Motorhome was purchased new in 2019 and just checking the tyres i have noticed that all four tyres have developed a side wall bulge, the tyres are Michelin 225/75R16CP Agilis with a mileage of only 4000 from new, the first one i put down to pot holes but as all four have developed the same fault in more or less the same place on the tyre i can only assume it is a faulty batch which was the view of my tyre fitter. has anyone else come across this problem? 

replied on 26/04/2022 16:56

Posted on 26/04/2022 14:15 by DavidSperry

My Motorhome was purchased new in 2019 and just checking the tyres i have noticed that all four tyres have developed a side wall bulge, the tyres are Michelin 225/75R16CP Agilis with a mileage of only 4000 from new, the first one i put down to pot holes but as all four have developed the same fault in more or less the same place on the tyre i can only assume it is a faulty batch which was the view of my tyre fitter. has anyone else come across this problem? 

Posted on 26/04/2022 16:56

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

DavidSperry replied on 27/04/2022 12:17

Posted on 27/04/2022 12:17

Thanks for the replies, the MH as with many has been standing around and i had considered that point, but it seamed strange that there was a clear bulge in the same place of the tyre (identified by the writing area) on all four tyres. i have now replaced the tyres and will look to put the hydraulic jacks down when not in use the take the weight off the tyres. 

peedee replied on 27/04/2022 14:17

Posted on 27/04/2022 14:17

and will look to put the hydraulic jacks down when not in use the take the weight off the tyres.

That is what I do, it also acts as an anti theft deterrent.

peedee

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook