Motorhome pitches £5 per night at Winchelsea Beach

bandgirl replied on 27/02/2019 14:00

Posted on 27/02/2019 14:00

If anyone is interested, the web site of The Ship Inn at Winchelsea Beach (near Rye) in East Sussex (not to be confused with the Ship Inn, Strand, Rye) is advertising that they have two motorhome pitches, with hookup, from £5 per night.  It’s a pub with a restaurant serving meat from their own butcher’s shop.

I’ve just been looking at the web site as going there for lunch at the weekend with a friend.  I haven’t seen the pitches, but I think it would be a handy place for a stop en route to the channel ports, or a couple of nights short break.

artyboo replied on 27/02/2019 17:55

Posted on 27/02/2019 17:55

That sounds great, especially as this is what I do a lot of the time; pub car parks (with their permission) but, usually no electric. I will certainly suss this one out and report back.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook