Motorhome Percentage Ownership

dxwalker1893 replied on 02/01/2018 00:07

Posted on 02/01/2018 00:07

Has any other member considered part owning a motorhome with another person as opposed to purchasing one outright and not yet being in the position to utilise due to your busy work schedule.

I have a 2015 Chausson 610 Welcome with 8,000 miles that’s in excellent condition, it wants for nothing in terms of spec or equipment and I would consider or at least like to enter into discussion with another member or affiliate who may be looking to buy a MH or are considering the purchase of one and might see part ownership as a viable option.

I realise that there are many issues that would need to be discussed in terms of who would own the vehicle legally etc etc, but I don’t think these issues cannot be overcome through dialogue or even by entering into a legal agreement.

If you have considered this an an option or have seen it being done, I’d really like to hear from you about the Pro’s and Con’s of this idea

Tammygirl replied on 02/01/2018 00:29

Posted on 02/01/2018 00:29

The only ones I have ever heard about are between family members, ie father and son, or 2 brothers, or brother and sister. It is quite common on narrow boats though to have a few owners all taking it in turns to use it.

Randomcamper replied on 02/01/2018 15:12

Posted on 02/01/2018 15:12

After owning several speed boats myself when single, which cost most of my salary to buy & maintain, once married with a mega mortgage we bought a Fletcher speed boat amongst a group of us to use for water skiing etc......

The arrangement worked quite well but we were friends dating back to school days......

The "friction" if there was any, came when the subsequent bills for insurance, servicing, repairs, equipment etc started to flow in after a few years.....

JVB66 replied on 02/01/2018 15:43

Posted on 02/01/2018 15:43

Some friends of ours have "shares" in a narrow boat and they have a meeting with the other sharehoders each year to discuss the following years rota for the use of and also the amount needed  for mooring maintenance  fees ,although it "works" normally and among  a larger amount of "owners" they say it is quite dificult at times trying to get time off from work to tie up with the Rota of use,

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook