Motorhome LED Indicator Replacement Bulbs

S6 Kevin replied on 05/05/2019 09:39

Posted on 05/05/2019 09:39

My motorhome, 2015 Fiat Ducato chassis, has standard orange filament bulbs on the front and side indicators. I was wondering if anyone has replaced these with the LED equivalent? I have read some reports that these replacements can make the electronics think the bulb has blown and trigger a warning (due to their lower power drain) Any of you Tech Guys had any experience with these?

TonyIshUK replied on 05/05/2019 19:20

Posted on 05/05/2019 19:20

Knowing how Fiat electronics are definitely iffy, I would stay clear.

The main problem is that if the dashboard warning lamp is showing a "fault" at MOT time, the vehicle will fail despite a visual check that bulbs seen to be working. 

If the bulbs are easy  to change, you can always give it try.

My son changed the bulbs in his VW, all was well for a time, but problems started with ecu showing a fault when the battery became tired which was ok to start, rather than O K ! 

Rgds

EmilysDad replied on 05/05/2019 20:25

Posted on 05/05/2019 20:25

As above, I'd stay clear of led indicators, whether in a Fiat or otherwise for the very reasons you give wink

Though ..... If you want to change the bulbs to remove the yellow 'fried egg' look, then there are chromed indicator bulbs available Chrome bulbs just be careful as some vehicles require offset pins and other don't smile

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook