Motorhome and car insurance

Dave Ireland replied on 13/07/2018 09:40

Posted on 13/07/2018 09:40

Hello, I am looking for some advice regarding motorhome and car insurance. I am returning to the UK after 4 years in Ireland. Unfortunately most UK insurance companies will not accept my Irish no claims bonus certificate.

Can anyone recommend a decent (I know that's difficult) insurance company that I could use for both vehicles, as it looks as though I will have to start again NCB. ladder

Many thanks David

Tinwheeler replied on 13/07/2018 09:53

Posted on 13/07/2018 09:53

NFU will insure both. They aren’t the cheapest but neither are they the dearest by any means. They have the bonus of having local offices where you can discuss your case in depth. Whether they will recognise your NCD I can’t say but if anyone will, I reckon it’s them. 

I yad reason to claim last year and they were very efficient - no hassle at all. 

Paolo Imberino replied on 13/07/2018 11:07

Posted on 13/07/2018 09:53 by Tinwheeler

NFU will insure both. They aren’t the cheapest but neither are they the dearest by any means. They have the bonus of having local offices where you can discuss your case in depth. Whether they will recognise your NCD I can’t say but if anyone will, I reckon it’s them. 

I yad reason to claim last year and they were very efficient - no hassle at all. 

Posted on 13/07/2018 11:07

NFU is the rural representatives for primarily farmers and countryside people. I'm sure you mean NFU Mutual which is a completely separate company and are the official insurers for NFU. Yes they will accept Irish NCD. 

Tinwheeler replied on 13/07/2018 13:27

Posted on 13/07/2018 11:07 by Paolo Imberino

NFU is the rural representatives for primarily farmers and countryside people. I'm sure you mean NFU Mutual which is a completely separate company and are the official insurers for NFU. Yes they will accept Irish NCD. 

Posted on 13/07/2018 13:27

Of course I mean NFU Mutual. I was abbreviating the name.

As we are talking insurance, there is no way I would have been talking about the farmers' 'union', is there?🙄

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook