Motorhome advice please

Luckysoks replied on 16/05/2016 18:30

Posted on 16/05/2016 18:30

we have purchased our first motorhome and would appreciate help on purchasing seat covers and outside windscreen cover. It is a fiat ducato 2014. Thanks

Tinwheeler replied on 16/05/2016 18:36

Posted on 16/05/2016 18:36

I know nothing about seat covers but the best exterior windscreen covers are made by either Silverscreens or Taylormade. There's nothing to choose between them as they both prevent condensation and provide insulation. You'll find their websites by Googling.

mhparking replied on 16/05/2016 18:57

Posted on 16/05/2016 18:57

We had a Taylormade cover for several years but it shrank so last year we replaced it with a Silver Screens Paragon which is better made (IMHO).

We bought through their eBay clearance listings which are a bit cheaper. Looks like they have one which will fit your van Here.

Graham

JD6620 replied on 25/05/2016 10:02

Posted on 25/05/2016 10:02

I have windscreen covers from Silverscreen and they are excellent and good quality.  Phoned and ordered and they were delivered the next day.  No experience of seat covers but when we were at the southern motorhome show at the weekend there was a company selling all sorts of accessories including seat covers.  Have a look at motorhomeessentials.com

chasncath replied on 25/05/2016 16:01

Posted on 25/05/2016 16:01

We bought our first set of Taylormade screens in 2004. They eventually wore out in 2015 when we bought a replacement set.

royandsharont replied on 25/05/2016 16:29

Posted on 25/05/2016 16:29

I only have experiance of Taylormade screens but when I was in Spain last year a chap next to me with a set of Silverscreens wanted to buy mine off me because he thought they were much better, not sure why. It was winter and I needed to keep mine for the colder journey home so he was out of luck. We made our own base seat covers with cotton material from the local shop & used a draw cord edge with toggle fastening to them to pull them tight under the cushion out of sight. A tight fit getting them on but they look good when in use and do not ruffle up and are easy to wash. The cotton is pretty cool too. Regards, Roy

Dawn F replied on 25/05/2016 16:41

Posted on 25/05/2016 16:41

We have had Silverscreens on both our motorhomes, the first van came with it, we used it for two years then when we swapped the van gave it to my Dad he is still using it.  I phoned Silverscreen to order the new one, spoke to a very nice man who was very helpful, the screen arrived in a couple of days and has been excellent.  So I would highly recommend them.

Seatcovers we had a set made for our new motorhome from Car Seat Covers, Stockport they have an excellent web page, I chose the style we wanted e-mailed them, they gave me a quote I phoned to place the order and they arrived in a couple of days.  Very good fit, good quality and a decent price.

Thornsett replied on 27/05/2016 11:40

Posted on 27/05/2016 11:40

As said, there is little difference between Silver Screens and Taylormade. I've had both and they do the job. You can get them second hand. Make sure you get the right one for your van and can fit them.

Currently, I have a made to measure Polar Screen which is excellent for my A-class although a bit of a stretch to the top of the screen.

Luckysoks replied on 29/05/2017 18:49

Posted on 27/05/2016 11:52 by Tinwheeler

It would be nice if Luckysoks acknowledged our input. Any decision yet, Lucky?

Posted on 29/05/2017 18:49

So sorry I am not too good on the Internet. I would like to thank everyone for their replies. We bought Taylor made and are very happy. Thank you again.

Luckysoks replied on 29/05/2017 18:54

Posted on 29/05/2017 18:49 by Luckysoks

So sorry I am not too good on the Internet. I would like to thank everyone for their replies. We bought Taylor made and are very happy. Thank you again.

Posted on 29/05/2017 18:54

As you may have noted I'm not too good on this site. Thank you everyone who helped me. I choose Taylor made and am very happy. So sorry I didn't reply to everyone before.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook