Mobile habitation check

robinofstackpole replied on 24/05/2020 13:26

Posted on 24/05/2020 13:26

Hi, as I'm fairly new to motorhoming, only picked up Sparkly June last year, has anyone got any recommendations for mobile habitation checks in the Leicester /Hinckley area.

Robin 

CAG replied on 24/05/2020 15:17

Posted on 24/05/2020 15:17

Hiya,

We used a company called HabCheck last year, they were very thorough & competitively priced.

They give you a comprehensive report and a video aswell if I remember correctly.

They are still working at this time & have strict adherence to the “rules” during their inspection.

We live in Staffordshire, but I believe they cover all over the country.

regards

Luckyskip

Graydjames replied on 24/05/2020 16:28

Posted on 24/05/2020 16:28

Hi

I have used two different mobile caravan and motorhome repairs and servicing businesses. Cartabout Caravans - a business run by a guy called Stuart Cart and the other was Neil Jacques T/A Neil the Caravan Medic; both are based close to Leicester.

The latter was more expensive but definitely seemed to have a more professional set up.

It is hard to judge the quality of service on something like this (especially as I am clueless when it comes to the inner workings of habitation systems), but both did an adequate job as far as I could tell and I would not recommend one above the other. 

There is another chap based in Burbage which, as you mentioned Hinckley, might be of interest. He trades as Chris's Caravan Services.  But I have not used him myself.

I am not sure if we are supposed to give contact details - indeed I am not entirely sure we are allowed to promote at all - but hopefully no harm done as I mentioned all I know and you'll find all their contact details with a Google search. 

Graydjames replied on 05/06/2020 19:19

Posted on 05/06/2020 19:19

Disappointing to get no response whatsoever from OP on this after 12 days.

Just a thank you would have been nice.   

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook