Mileo 294 shower problem - help

Trinity replied on 23/09/2016 09:43

Posted on 23/09/2016 09:43

Hi

We bought the Benimar Mileo 294 last year from Marquis Motorhomes.  It has a 4 kw truma combi system.  The shower produces hot water for 2 to 3 minutes only.  Marquis say that is right and that the boost option does not work on the shower.

Can anyone comment on this can any other benimar owners confirm how long their showers last.

Would be grateful for any advice - thank you

young thomas replied on 24/09/2016 10:13

Posted on 24/09/2016 10:13

JCB, here goes....

yes, the difference on gas and mixed is only marginal, however, if you are on an ehu (and you want a fast heat up) mixed mode will do very nicely but only use half the gas....as its also using electric which youll probably have paid for.

using gas only might be marginally faster (ill wager you wont notice the difference) but makes no use of this paid for leccy.

perhaps my previous post was a bit confusing....thought i understood it....lol.....

ok....combi 4e.....

when on gas only...will output 4kw (hence rated at 4000w)

when on eletric only, you can select either 900w or 1800w.

when on mixed mode the gas portion is reduced to only 2kw and to this you have to add the selected electric power....either 900w or 1800w...

so max mixed output is 2kw + 1800w = 3800w

if the lower electric value of 900w is selected in mixed mode the max output is 2kw + 900w = 2900w

hope thats a little clearerHappy

JCB4X4 replied on 24/09/2016 13:09

Posted on 24/09/2016 13:09

BoleroBoy

Thank you!  Your post above makes perfect sense and is in line with the conclusion I was beginning to come to, as this is the only way the figures can be added together to make Truma’s published totals. I am now more convinced, as I said earlier, that these appliances have the potential for localised internal over-heating issues, due to their design constraints, hence the drop 4kw to 2kw output when dual output is used. Does anyone have a more rational explanation as to why the 4kw Gas & 1800w Electricity elements are not used in conjunction so as to give a total output of 5.8kw?

young thomas replied on 24/09/2016 21:03

Posted on 24/09/2016 21:03

Truma's answer to customers might be....if you need these levels of heat, buy a combi 6Happy

gas only 6kw

mixed 4kw + 1800w......= 5.8kw

JCB4X4 replied on 24/09/2016 22:24

Posted on 24/09/2016 22:24

That certainly is an answer but if the van of your choice is fitted with the Combi 4 as standard, it would be an expensive one.  However it is good to understand exactly just what the potential output of any heating system is and just how it operates, as this will give you a better idea if it will be able to meet your requirements.

young thomas replied on 25/09/2016 08:53

Posted on 25/09/2016 08:53

a combi 4 running on 'gas only' or 'mixed mode' whacks out a fair chunk of heat, and with the latest control of the fan (being able to choose 'high') will push that heat around the van to warm most vans sufficiently.

when on ehu, even running at 1800w, the revised fan speeds really can make this lowish output go a long way.

we have a 7.35m MH and find that, in most circumstances, the '1800w + high fan speed' selection is plenty....

although we have a combi 6E, electric power is identical to the 4E.

JCB, are you having any specific issues with your heating or were you just curious about the 'figures'?Happy

JCB4X4 replied on 25/09/2016 13:24

Posted on 25/09/2016 13:24

BoleroBoy,

I have no issues with my own heating system, it is as I said in an earlier post that …”a non-caravanning relative of mine is about to join the fraternity, I am being asked questions about heating”… and the fact that this topic came up at very much the same time that has caught my interest.

I have operating experience of separate Warn Air and Water Heating systems and the Alde Wet system but non involving Combi systems in C/vans or MH’s. Once I became involved I just wanted to know all I possibly could. I do like to know and understand just what it is that is going on behind the scenes with such appliances.

Many thanks again for your input .Happy

JCB4x4 Cool

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook