Microwave

wires replied on 22/05/2021 23:31

Posted on 22/05/2021 23:31

hi every one we are new members and just got our first moterhome been out twice. tryed to use the microwave at weekend could not get it to tern on any help please we have a auto sleeper broad way.

Tinwheeler replied on 22/05/2021 23:44

Posted on 22/05/2021 23:44

Don't take this the wrong way but are you connected to mains electric via a hook up? If so, are other 240v appliances working?

The m/wave will have a 13amp socket somewhere - maybe in an adjacent cupboard. Check it's plugged in. Also, AS often fit an on/off switch close to the m/wave.

If everything seems OK, you may need to check your fuses. Your handbook should tell you all. 

The next step will be a call to the dealer who sold you the van.

hitchglitch replied on 24/05/2021 20:27

Posted on 22/05/2021 23:31 by wires

hi every one we are new members and just got our first moterhome been out twice. tryed to use the microwave at weekend could not get it to tern on any help please we have a auto sleeper broad way.

Posted on 24/05/2021 20:27

The Broadway has an on/off switch below the microwave in the recessed cubicle. If it is the same as my Broadway, the rocker switch I black and has a neon indicator when on. If it’s on and not working then either the supply in the Sargent unit has tripped or the microwave is faulty (they are a bit cheap and nasty). If it’s failed and not under warranty, post again and I will tell you how to fit a new one.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook