M/H Winter vent cover

Elsa replied on 04/09/2018 10:36

Posted on 04/09/2018 10:36

Hi All We got a Auto-Trail Tracker RS model it a 13 reg, Just can't belive that we are having problem getting A Winter vent cover to fit, we even email Auto-trail office, No luck just wonder what we can do to stop it over freeze, Can you help?

Thanks Elsa

Takethedogalong replied on 04/09/2018 10:41

Posted on 04/09/2018 10:41

Have you tried looking at the make of fridge inside, rather than the MH model? Might just be easier. Dometic, Thetford, etc......?

Good luck. Try a breakers yard as well, they might have just what you need.

JVB66 replied on 04/09/2018 10:47

Posted on 04/09/2018 10:47

It is the make  and model of the fridge that is required to obtain winter vents,and they are normally available from most LV dealers with an accessory shop they are not specific to the make of LV,or go online

ps i also thought you mean for fridge,

if you mean a vehicle cover look on line for covers 

Elsa replied on 04/09/2018 14:02

Posted on 04/09/2018 14:02

Hi JVB66, The name of our fridge is Dometic model  I just want the winter vent cover the one you clip on the outside on the back of your panel on your M/H, ,

Thanks Elsa

JVB66 replied on 04/09/2018 14:16

Posted on 04/09/2018 14:16

There are several sizes of fridge vent covers some are model specific 

ie Dometic 9003 or if you measure the external size of the fridge vents a call to Dometic or your dealer should give you all the information

You can also go online to Dometic and i think you can get the info there

Thornsett replied on 05/09/2018 11:56

Posted on 05/09/2018 11:56

I bought my on line and all I needed was the fridge's make and model number. Make sure you fit them correctly - your fridge's manual should show you which vent goes where. 

Elsa replied on 05/09/2018 13:53

Posted on 05/09/2018 13:53

Hi All, Many Thanks for your help, Will look into it when we get back from our few days away in the M/H, Thanks Elsa

mickysf replied on 06/09/2018 05:54

Posted on 06/09/2018 05:54

Regarding use, I'm not sure what you mean when you say, 'just wonder what we can do to stop it over freeze'.

There is some confusion out there as to what purpose these vent covers are used for and when best to fit them. One man told me they were to stop spiders and other insects from getting in and blocking the fridge pipes and should be fitted in Autumn when such beasties look for places to hibernate. Another told me they were really only for when you were travelling on the road when excess air may be forced through them. My understanding is that they should be fitted when the air temperature outside falls below 7c in order to keep the 'cooling element' of the fridge at its optimum working temperature. It may sound daft but if the ambient temperature falls too much the fridge won't work properly and food inside could become too warm.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook