Insect roller blind

Sandy and Ian Bell replied on 08/07/2023 19:56

Posted on 08/07/2023 19:56

My insect roller blind in a Seitz cassette window unit stopped retracting. I took it apart and found the small plastic component, with an L shaped slot, which held the tensioned end of the blind, had snapped. I have seen an entire repair kit online but I only need the small component. Anyone with an idea where I might find one ?

cheers

Ian

Bakers2 replied on 09/07/2023 08:34

Posted on 09/07/2023 08:34

I expect like most modern things a small repair isn't possible 😡. So it might be the full kit.

Alternatively try caravan/motorhome breakers. 

For expensive leisure vehicles they sure use cheap flimsy components..........

I wish you luck with your fix

peedee replied on 10/07/2023 10:28

Posted on 10/07/2023 10:28

Some time ago, I think I repaired one of my blinds which had a similar problem by drilling a small hole and screwing in a small picture eye into it to which I re-attached the string. I am loath to take it apart again just to check that was how I did it. That is if I can remember which one it was.

peedee

SeeFarers replied on 10/07/2023 11:59

Posted on 10/07/2023 11:59

I have been working on a friends blind with a similar problem for some time and the Dometic Mounting Kit, Product Ref. 231377 from Leisureshopdirect was the only source of the parts.

I only needed the two guides on the ends of the roller, marked SP264R and SP264L, but searching for these alone was told they were no longer available. 

Considering the frailty of any plastic parts in these blinds I reckon I may need the other parts eventually! 

I recommend you go for it.

Sandy and Ian Bell replied on 11/07/2023 13:10

Posted on 11/07/2023 13:10

Success ! Leisure Spares Ltd of York have come up trumps. I spoke to a very helpful woman who said they had a whole kit for about £30, but she understood what I needed and found a bit of the kit for £10 including postage. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook