Hymer 644 MOT problem resolved !

Courty replied on 16/05/2012 13:50

Posted on 16/05/2012 13:50

I know sometimes we get caught up in what’s not good about a service or what some companies do wrong but yesterday I had the pleasure of experiencing some great customer service and though this Needs mentioning. Also some good lesions learned I hope will prove useful.

I have a large Hymer 644 motorhome with the lounge at the back so it’s just under 7m long (23ft)  + Satellite and AC on the roof making it tall too.

I was recommended a garage to take it to for its MOT by the dealer and after speaking to them to advise the size and being told it 'should be OK’, set off to visit. On arrival it was obvious there was not a chance it would fit in the bay or on the ramp, the Hymer is far bigger than a standard car ramp - these people don’t appear to know the size of their ramp or door ?!. Disappointed I returned home.

After a quick search I found a company who do Class 4 (Car and Van) and Class 7 (small lorries) and gave them a ring – what a total turn round, the lady on the phone could not have been nicer and knew the size of the workshop door, size of the ramp and weight limits + said they could fit me in about an hour later !

I turned up at the appointed time and was waved straight in. the chap who did the MOT was really knowledgeable and talked me though each bit of the test giving advice on things to look out for and to do to keep the van it top condition, very passionate about it all.

40 mins later I was the proud (and relieved) owner of a new MOT certificate and now have a trustworthy local garage to look after the motorhome, I will be back to get a few small items fixed ASAP and will use these guys for any future requirements.

Company are based in North Kent  / South London borders.

Motorwerx Ltd
Telephone: 01959 573035
Address:
6 Wireless Rd,
Airport Industrial Estate,
Main Road, Biggin Hill,
Westerham, Kent. TN16 3BW

And just to add the icing to the cake, the next door unit is a company called ATS who fit and service Oyster (and most other makes) motorhome and caravan Satellite TV systems – mine needed a service to spoke to them too..

As days go that one could best be described as a turnaround !  credit when credit’s due.. the Motorowrks guys were a breath of fresh air

The units are on the old WW2 RAF air station of Biggin Hill so if you have to wait you can have a look around as well !

as a disclaimer, i have no affiliation with them – I just wanted to promote good old fashioned service !!

Courty

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook