How do I get my Euro Emissions Category certified

JimE replied on 14/07/2017 11:54

Posted on 14/07/2017 11:54

I have just applied for a motorway toll tag for Austria from ASFINAG but they have asked for documentary evidence of the Euro Emissions Category for my MH.

It's a 2007 Peugeot Boxer with a 3.0HDi engine and I haven't got any paperwork to prove its emissions category, although I believe it is Euro IV.  I have a German emissions disc for class 4 and a French crit-air sticker based on that category too.

Unfortunately, ASFINAG need documentary evidence - any idea how I get it ?

Many thanks for your assistance.

Jim

Lutz replied on 14/07/2017 12:36

Posted on 14/07/2017 12:36

A Certificate of Conformity issued by the manufacturer and supplied with the vehicle is the documentary evidence that they are looking for. I don't know when these certificates were first issued for vehicles sold in the UK. Maybe 2007 was before that date. If that is the case, one should still be able to apply for such a document or an equivalent by contacting the manfacturer.

JimE replied on 16/07/2017 06:43

Posted on 16/07/2017 06:43

Thanks for your help and advice, guys.  It would appear that a COC will cost me 170-200€ so I think I shall have to find another way of paying my tolls for Austria.  Regards  Jim.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook