Hot Water Heat Up Time - Webasto Dual Top RHA-100

FirstRiderOff replied on 14/11/2018 19:50

Posted on 14/11/2018 19:50

Hi. We have just bought our first Campervan, a 10 year old Devon Provence, from a dealer. It is fitted with a Webasto Dual Top RHA-100 which uses diesel to heat the hot water and space heating hot air.  We were concerned that the hot water was not operating properly as I could not manage to get anything but luke warm water from the taps. The van has been returned to the dealer and he tells me there is nothing wrong and it should normally take 45 minutes from switch on to start producing "hot" water. Is 45 minutes normal? It seems an awfully long time. I actually left it on much longer than 45 minutes without getting any hot water. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bakers2 replied on 15/11/2018 08:26

Posted on 15/11/2018 08:26

Hello and welcome 😁. Sorry can't help with your heater type but I'd agree it seems a long time to only get luke warm. Have you actually timed it properly since? You'll need that sort of evidence, make timed notes and temperatures, to discuss it seriously. Sooner rather than later.

FirstRiderOff replied on 15/11/2018 17:47

Posted on 15/11/2018 17:47

Thanks. It is at the dealers right now. I would imagine they will turn the heater on before we go to collect it so we won't know until we get home the time it takes to heat up from cold. Anyway if we are not happy we will take it straight back. Thanks again.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook