Help with gas.

FizzyB replied on 19/04/2021 22:43

Posted on 19/04/2021 22:43

Just returned from a near perfect weekend at Burrs Country Park, only spoiler was that we had to manage without gas. There was plenty in the bottle but getting it to the appliances was a different tale. Having checked all connections and isolation valves I came to the the conclusion that it must be the regulator and decided to wait until we got home to replace it.

I was able to get a replacement regulator and fit it without any problem, feeling confident with my repair I turned on the gas and attempted to light the hob, the fridge and boiler still no gas, I just don't get it, surely there's nothing else between these appliances after the regulator besides the isolation valves all of which have been tried in all positions.

Any thoughts/suggestions gratefully received.

SteveL replied on 19/04/2021 22:54

Posted on 19/04/2021 22:54

Ours can be left on when we are driving as there is a fail safe crash protection valve. No idea if that can fire accidentally but there is a little diagram in the gas locker showing how to reset it. Does your MH have such a device?

peedee replied on 20/04/2021 07:50

Posted on 20/04/2021 07:50

What gas are you using, propane or butane? If you are using blue bottles, butane, that could be you problem. Butane will not gas in temperatures below 5C.

peedee

FizzyB replied on 20/04/2021 10:08

Posted on 20/04/2021 10:08

Hi all,

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly.

SteveL, Not sure about any emergency cut off valve I'll investigate and let you know.

peedee, Only ever use propane.

LLM, As soon as I posted the question I realised I should have mentioned this. Our motorhome is a Rollerteam T Line 590. Not allot to see as far as photos go I'm afraid just the gas bottle and regulator.

Thanks again to you all

LLM replied on 20/04/2021 10:46

Posted on 20/04/2021 10:46

Okay.  Forgive me for asking, but do you have the gas turned on at the bottle?  If yes then as SteveL has suggested the safety cut off is the most likely culprit. 

EmilysDad replied on 20/04/2021 12:22

Posted on 20/04/2021 07:50 by peedee

What gas are you using, propane or butane? If you are using blue bottles, butane, that could be you problem. Butane will not gas in temperatures below 5C.

peedee

Posted on 20/04/2021 12:22

the weather at Burrs was beautiful all week end cool so way above 5 degs C

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook