Help please!

johnthomo replied on 28/10/2018 13:35

Posted on 28/10/2018 13:35

Having had our new Rapido 665F for only 4 weeks, we decided to stay local to get used to it. Good job we did. Last night the electric went off. On the control panel, the 'electric' icon has gone.The hook up point was checked this morning and it was fine. We woke at 4am and we were freezing cold. A quick switch to gas and we were cosy very quickly. Now home, I've also checked again and still no good. I've rung the dealership and there's no technical help on a Sunday. Being first time Motorhomers, I'm clueless as to what I could check. Any advice would be really appreciated. 

hitchglitch replied on 28/10/2018 13:45

Posted on 28/10/2018 13:45

About all you can do is to check whether the main breaker on your van’s panel has tripped. An earth fault will cause the breaker to trip but sometimes a power surge can cause a sensitive breaker to trip.

Very occasionally a hook-up cable can be faulty but it is far more likely to be your control panel. Your dealer should be able to talk you through what to check and possibly avoid a visit.

Good luck!

young thomas replied on 28/10/2018 14:39

Posted on 28/10/2018 14:39

I agree with Hitch, first port of call must be the main breaker. I think Rapido ise CBE electrical items, as does my own van.

we have the main 'box' in the rear garage and there are a number of 'trips' there.

id start there.

Thornsett replied on 29/10/2018 07:44

Posted on 29/10/2018 07:44

Did you have mains electricity at one point? Some CMC sites have push in and twist connectors. How did you check the hook up point? 

At home, are you connecting to mains electric?

My electric icon disappears when I'm not connected (Hymer). Have you read the manual to ensure you are following the right procedures? If you have a Truma electric/gas boiler, you should get a warning light on the Truma panel if a problem exists with the heater.

If you're happy with the above, then follow the advice already given.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook