Help and advice please

Black Thunderbird replied on 16/07/2020 16:21

Posted on 16/07/2020 16:21

Hi All,

Have been away from the Club for a number of years as we sold our caravan. We have now returned as we purchased our first Motor Home and are due to hit the road on Saturday.! We prefer staying on the CL's but finding that the ones with EHU's seemed to be pretty well booked up. We can go 'off grid' for a while and stay on the more basic sites but will need to refill water, empty waste and maybe charge up. My question is, are we able to use Club sites to do any of this without 'staying over'? Any advice gratefully received, particularly during these more difficult times. (We are travelling up from Devon and intending to follow the English / Welsh border initially).

Many thanks

Tinwheeler replied on 16/07/2020 16:28

Posted on 16/07/2020 16:28

No, you cannot visit a club site just to use the MHSP/facilities. It’s been debated many a time but that's the way it is.

You will be able to fill and empty on CLs.

PS. I thought you owned a CL. You’ll know all about taps and drains in that case.

Tinwheeler replied on 16/07/2020 16:55

Posted on 16/07/2020 16:55

We have confusion as the system seems to be allocating silly usernames. The other person's was similar to that given to you but the member has since altered it. My apology for mixing you up with the other person. I will report the issue to the Community Manager.

You might wish to change your own username to something manageable.

Tinwheeler replied on 16/07/2020 17:06

Posted on 16/07/2020 17:06

Let's hope it sorts. I’ve alerted Rowena to the problem.

If this is your first venture to CLs in your MH, you’ll find they vary with their filling and emptying arrangements. You may not be able to park very close to the water tap in which case a good length hose is useful, or a watering can. Similarly you may need another hose to reach the drain to empty, or a bucket. Some CL owners are happy to let you drain into a hedgerow.

All CLs will have a chemical emptying point and many offer battery charging.

Good luck.

EmilysDad replied on 16/07/2020 21:46

Posted on 16/07/2020 17:37 by Tinwheeler

It worked! Now we can say "Welcome, Black Thunderbird" 🙂

Posted on 16/07/2020 21:46

WOW! Something on CT works .... and at the first time of asking 😂

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook